• You cannot reply to this topic

Silence ! The master at work

#21 User is offline   jh51 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-15, 13:30

View Post1eyedjack, on 2011-June-15, 09:30, said:

Only, N/S then denied the facts!

Makes me wonder if I am too ethical. :D In a Swiss last Sunday, we had lost a match by 2 IMPs. After a bit the captain of the other team came to us and said we had won by 5 IMPs. Less ethical people would have agreed and turned in a win. We knew what had happened - on one board the opps were 140 at both tables but they had scored it as a push! We checked with them and that was exactly what had happened. Did our ethics cost us? We finished first by about 20 VP on a 30 VP scale.

#22 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-15, 17:09

View Postjh51, on 2011-June-15, 13:30, said:

Makes me wonder if I am too ethical. :D In a Swiss last Sunday, we had lost a match by 2 IMPs. After a bit the captain of the other team came to us and said we had won by 5 IMPs. Less ethical people would have agreed and turned in a win. We knew what had happened - on one board the opps were 140 at both tables but they had scored it as a push! We checked with them and that was exactly what had happened. Did our ethics cost us? We finished first by about 20 VP on a 30 VP scale.

Again in the bad old days, I played a Swiss in a supercompetitive auction and when my LHO bid 4, he crossed his legs and fanned his hand, well the one with Q hidden.

My RHO was watching and I closed my eyes tight. Bid 5 at my turn down a few for a good score when they didn't double.

Turned into friends over the years and that's the best bonus for good ethics.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users