BBO Discussion Forums: All right, how about this form of scoring? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All right, how about this form of scoring?

#1 User is offline   jtfanclub 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,937
  • Joined: 2004-June-05

Posted 2004-August-25, 22:04

This can't be too tough...says the guy who doesn't have to code it.

It's survivor (starting with round 1), but after each round, the scores are cleared. Only the % for the last round matters.

I would call it...a KO. And with a 50% cutoff, that's exactly what would happen- after each round, either N/S or E/W would be kicked out. Ideally, you'd compare only NS with NS and EW with EW, so an equal number of N/S and E/W would be kicked out, but that would involve extra coding. The last round would be ranked normally.

The effect would be very similar to the VP I was talking about earlier, just slightly less versatile. If you haven't figured it out, I love KOs...if you win you get to go on to the next round and face tough opponents, and if you lose you find somewhere else to go. KOs are very popular in face to face tournaments here. Unfortunatley, survivor doens't work that way- you can win the first round by a huge margin, lose the rest of the rounds by a little each time, and still make it to the final round. Not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that rewards people for doing well steadily, not taking huge chances until they either get kicked out or have a huge lead.

What do you think? :)
0

#2 User is offline   jtfanclub 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,937
  • Joined: 2004-June-05

Posted 2004-August-25, 23:22

Following up my own post, here's a question for you...

Does the system explode if you change the base numbers for the game in the middle?

For example, if I recall correctly, when I do in to edit my tournament, I can edit the number of boards per round. If I change that in the middle of the tourney, does it go kablooey? How about changing from Swiss to Survivor, or the Survivor %.

So I ask weird questions... :P
0

#3 User is offline   uday 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 5,808
  • Joined: 2003-January-15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

Posted 2004-August-26, 08:56

System won't allow ( will ignore ) changes it does not like ( boards per round in the middle of a tourney, SURVIVOR when it is an indy, new movement type, etc). System won't crash, i think, but whoever crashes the server while experimenting will have to find a good defence, later.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users