BBO Discussion Forums: Support or H? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support or H?

#1 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2010-November-05, 18:23

MP's

1NT=not forcing (but includes a bad S-raise)
2♠= good raise, 3c♠ , 7-10
2♣=♣ or 2c♠ limit+
2♥-..-4♠=13-15 good 5c♥ and ♠ support
4♥ to play
What do you bid?
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#2 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,237
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2010-November-05, 18:43

View Postkgr, on 2010-November-05, 18:23, said:

MP's

1NT=not forcing (but includes a bad S-raise)
2♠= good raise, 3c♠ , 7-10
2♣=♣ or 2c♠ limit+
2♥-..-4♠=13-15 good 5c♥ and ♠ support
4♥ to play
What do you bid?



1nt if that is sf as in 2/1.
0

#3 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2010-November-05, 18:56

View Postmike777, on 2010-November-05, 18:43, said:

1nt if that is sf as in 2/1.

No, not forcing. Only if it is not passed out then 2♠ would show a hand similar as in 2/1
(I thought 1NT was forcing in 2/1?)
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#4 User is offline   andy_h 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,962
  • Joined: 2007-September-14
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:The Universe, Traveling, Squash, and Scandinavia.

Posted 2010-November-05, 19:29

Can I bid 3H invite?
- Andy -

We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
0

#5 User is offline   inquiry 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,566
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amelia Island, FL
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2010-November-05, 20:19

2♥'s. I am not sure if I will show spade support or not later, depends on how the auction goes.
--Ben--

#6 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2010-November-06, 03:43

View Postandy_h, on 2010-November-05, 19:29, said:

Can I bid 3H invite?

3♥ would be 4c♠ and a void somewhere. 12-14 pts
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#7 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2010-November-06, 03:46

View Postinquiry, on 2010-November-05, 20:19, said:

2♥'s. I am not sure if I will show spade support or not later, depends on how the auction goes.

Partner will rebid 2♠ if he has no GF hand (less then 15 pts).
What will you rebid: 1♠-2♥-2♠-??
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#8 User is offline   pooltuna 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,814
  • Joined: 2009-July-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Orleans

Posted 2010-November-06, 08:00

View Postkgr, on 2010-November-05, 18:23, said:

MP's

1NT=not forcing (but includes a bad S-raise)
2♠= good raise, 3c♠ , 7-10
2♣=♣ or 2c♠ limit+
2♥-..-4♠=13-15 good 5c♥ and ♠ support
4♥ to play
What do you bid?

Well gut feeling is to play 4♥ and violate "support w/support." The problem in ♠ is if you have to set up ♥ you may not have an entry to the ♥. In my mind this is making the weak hand declarer to ensure maximal tricks from this hand. Of course if partner has a hard ♣ control the hand may play much better in ♠
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw
0

#9 User is offline   inquiry 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,566
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amelia Island, FL
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2010-November-06, 09:03

View Postpooltuna, on 2010-November-06, 08:00, said:

Well gut feeling is to play 4♥ and violate "support w/support." The problem in ♠ is if you have to set up ♥ you may not have an entry to the ♥. In my mind this is making the weak hand declarer to ensure maximal tricks from this hand. Of course if partner has a hard ♣ control the hand may play much better in ♠


I am still bidding hearts. I will rebid 3♥'s. I assume this is strongly invitational, but that partner can pass. If partner rebids 3♠ then I will raise to 4♠, if partner passes, well, I play 3♥'s with spade support. Probably better in hearts than spades if he is both weak and has no ♥ support (like small doubleton or better).
--Ben--

#10 User is offline   dake50 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,211
  • Joined: 2006-April-22

Posted 2010-November-06, 10:27

I try 4H to play.
Hope to use partner's entries to elope my small hearts.
If he's maximal, I'll show S-fit -- S:Jxx is about all he can hope for
-- with exclusion 5C if magic happens..
0

#11 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2010-November-07, 04:08


No real story about this hand. I really wondered what the best bid was before deciding to bid 4♥.
4♥+2, but this was not a good score because 4♠ made +3.
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#12 User is offline   hotShot 

  • Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 2003-August-31
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2010-November-07, 04:55

I want to play ♠.
I can ruff partners small ♣ and partner can drop lots of his loser on my ♥ suit that should be easy to develop as it is lead by AK.

I bid 4♣ if our system allows to splinter with a void, if partner can bid a ♦ control we can investigate slam, otherwise I'll settle for 4♠.
0

#13 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-November-08, 07:54

I'd definitely want to play in ♠ to ruff ♣s in the short hand, but I'll introduce my ♥ just in case we have slam. 1♠-2♥-2♠-4♠.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

#14 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2010-November-08, 08:48

It would be ok to bid 1♠-4♥ with ♠Jxx ♥KQJxxxx, however ♥AKxxxxx is very different, it works very well as a side suit, no need to be trumps.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users