BBO Discussion Forums: ** Very Quick and Nice ** - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

** Very Quick and Nice ** Co-TD wanted

#1 User is offline   xx1943 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 2004-March-11

  Posted 2004-July-07, 00:05

Hi all

I created a new tournament called ** Very Quick and Nice **.

The tournament is scheduled every moring 6:15 CET (=0:15am EDT(NY))
12 boards; 4 rounds; 6 minutes per board; survivor 0%

This tourney is an experiment. I want to give players, who like a fast game, the opportunity to play without every round waiting a lot of time.
Therefore the tourney is now clocked 18 minutes for 3 boards.
I'll give not more time, but will try to adjust accordingly, if a board isn't finished.

I directed alone most of the time, sometimes got help from Marc, Jan or Stephen (many thanks).
In this format I can't manage more than 15 tables. People asked me urgently to increase my limit of 30 pairs.

Are there TD interested to join our team and direct regularly ** Very Quick and Nice ** ? I would be happy to discuss with all interesed TDs the strategy how to adjust and how to apply the rules

I'm looking forward to your replies.


Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
0

#2 User is offline   scoob 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 344
  • Joined: 2003-February-14
  • Location:calgary, ab (canada)

Posted 2004-July-07, 07:49

any chance you'd be willing to teach someone who has never directed? :(
0

#3 User is offline   xx1943 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 2004-March-11

Posted 2004-July-07, 10:08

scoob, on Jul 7 2004, 08:49 AM, said:

any chance you'd be willing to teach someone who has never directed?  :blink:

Sure. I'm looking forward to teach everyboy. But I'm a rookie-TD; learning myself.

Please look the following links first:

Click here to get informations about directing in BBO

Click here to learn, how to manage tournaments

There are names of very experienced TDs posted, who are ready to mentor TD-rookies.
My mentors were GWENY and SHOWLE (Fun&Fishy)

But if u like you can also try to Co-direct with me.

regards

Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users