BBO Discussion Forums: WJ2005? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WJ2005? Find a Partner (esp. SCentral TN)

#1 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2009-December-20, 20:58

Well, there has been little interest in playing the most aggressive yet constructive WELOS, so how about WJ2005?

No, I don't know it yet but reading Jassem's page document intrigues me. Some very good ideas there versus any other club system I have read.

Especially (south) central Tennessee?
0

#2 User is offline   Siegmund 

  • Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,764
  • Joined: 2004-June-15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beside a little lake in northwestern Montana
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2009-December-21, 20:09

I was a big fan of Matula's 1994 book. I admit I haven't read WJ2005 yet, but I am a big fan of Polish style clubs in general and would be interested in looking it over and possibly trying it sometime. Shoot me an email and remind me to read it.
0

#3 User is offline   TylerE 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,778
  • Joined: 2006-January-30

Posted 2009-December-22, 09:52

I might be up for some online play. I've got the WJ05 book at home somewhere. That said, from the times I've played it hasn't blown me away. While it does make the opponents bid more construtively over 1♣ than a pure big club, I've found that the strong auctions are much more dicey, often being at 2M or 2N before even establishing that opener has the big hand. In addition, the 1X openings aren't nearly as limited, which I don't like.

The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.
0

#4 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2009-December-23, 00:25

TylerE, on Dec 22 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

I might be up for some online play. I've got the WJ05 book at home somewhere. That said, from the times I've played it hasn't blown me away. While it does make the opponents bid more construtively over 1♣ than a pure big club, I've found that the strong auctions are much more dicey, often being at 2M or 2N before even establishing that opener has the big hand. In addition, the 1X openings aren't nearly as limited, which I don't like.

The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.

I'm going to post a question on the club discussion forum that might suggest to you a cure to your finding that it takes too long to find opener has the big hand.

oren
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users