Well, there has been little interest in playing the most aggressive yet constructive WELOS, so how about WJ2005?
No, I don't know it yet but reading Jassem's page document intrigues me. Some very good ideas there versus any other club system I have read.
Especially (south) central Tennessee?
Page 1 of 1
WJ2005? Find a Partner (esp. SCentral TN)
#2
Posted 2009-December-21, 20:09
I was a big fan of Matula's 1994 book. I admit I haven't read WJ2005 yet, but I am a big fan of Polish style clubs in general and would be interested in looking it over and possibly trying it sometime. Shoot me an email and remind me to read it.
#3
Posted 2009-December-22, 09:52
I might be up for some online play. I've got the WJ05 book at home somewhere. That said, from the times I've played it hasn't blown me away. While it does make the opponents bid more construtively over 1♣ than a pure big club, I've found that the strong auctions are much more dicey, often being at 2M or 2N before even establishing that opener has the big hand. In addition, the 1X openings aren't nearly as limited, which I don't like.
The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.
The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.
#4
Posted 2009-December-23, 00:25
TylerE, on Dec 22 2009, 10:52 AM, said:
I might be up for some online play. I've got the WJ05 book at home somewhere. That said, from the times I've played it hasn't blown me away. While it does make the opponents bid more construtively over 1♣ than a pure big club, I've found that the strong auctions are much more dicey, often being at 2M or 2N before even establishing that opener has the big hand. In addition, the 1X openings aren't nearly as limited, which I don't like.
The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.
The 1♦ bid is far superior to Precision I'll grant, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the 10-15 1M.
I'm going to post a question on the club discussion forum that might suggest to you a cure to your finding that it takes too long to find opener has the big hand.
oren
Page 1 of 1

Help
