That pdf link only gives me a large wall of garbled text.
Card play analysis
#61
Posted 2010-July-07, 06:25
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn
-gwnn
#62
Posted 2010-July-07, 06:26
You just save that garbled text to a .pdf file and then Acrobat should be able to open it. downloading works on Internet Explorer, though.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#63
Posted 2010-July-07, 06:38
billw55, on Jul 7 2010, 12:25 PM, said:
That pdf link only gives me a large wall of garbled text.
It works OK in Internet Explorer - but gave me garbled text too in Firefox - despite the fact that Firefox reads pdfs OK normally. Try a different browser.
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.
#64
Posted 2010-July-07, 07:44
NickRW, on Jul 7 2010, 01:38 PM, said:
billw55, on Jul 7 2010, 12:25 PM, said:
That pdf link only gives me a large wall of garbled text.
It works OK in Internet Explorer - but gave me garbled text too in Firefox - despite the fact that Firefox reads pdfs OK normally. Try a different browser.
just rename the save file to anythingYouWant.pdf and the Adobe Reader will be able to use it.
Seems that it is sent with a wrong mime type.
#65
Posted 2010-July-07, 08:39
gwnn, on Jul 7 2010, 06:33 AM, said:
two little comments about the PDF's:
I think the 1st hand has the nicknames from the second hand, the second from the third hand, and so on.
- my name is gwnn, not gwn
- there are several hands where the names are jumbled up. Almost none of the hands have the usernames correctly. Only in my hopeless 6♠ contract are the names correct I think.
I think the 1st hand has the nicknames from the second hand, the second from the third hand, and so on.
Sorry for the typo in the "title", but you should note I had it as gwnn on each page where it said "gwnn's comments", and in the title of the file.
I have discovered what went wrong with the automatic import. When I created the lin file, I simply cut of the http... handviewer info up to the equal sign and put all the hands in a single file. Each hand was not seperated from the next by the normal qx|o1| qx|02| etc. If I had included those the names would have been alright, as it was, it took the next group of players for the hands rather the "current" ones. So if you want to do this using "bridge composer" be sure to include the qx|o1| type thing at the start of each new hand.
I have manually fixed the errors in the file now, and REPOSTED it for a second time. Note: there were 6 downloads (including mine) from the first posting, the counter reset after the first correction and there was 86 downloads of the first correction. As of right now, there has been no downloads of the final (hopefully version). Again, the hands and comments are right, just the names were changed (to protect the innocent? ) in each new version.
Since some people have trouble with the PDF (see several post above this one), I have included an html version of the material in this post. The table of justin's world championship events is screwed up in the html version, but the bridge stuff is just fine...
Thanks again gwnn for posting this stuff in the first place.
Attached File(s)
-
justin_lall.htm (0bytes)
Number of downloads: 48
--Ben--
#66
Posted 2010-November-24, 13:19
bump for updates from the other 9?
Also, can someone re-upload the pdf? Maybe it got lost in the changeover.
Also, can someone re-upload the pdf? Maybe it got lost in the changeover.
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg
"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other. -- Hamman, re: Wolff
"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other. -- Hamman, re: Wolff
#67
Posted 2020-August-23, 14:03
Hi, I was looking at old posts and found jlall's old cardplay analysis thread.
https://www.bridgeba...-play-analysis/
Unfortunately, I can't go past post #35 (where I posted about the analysis he sent me). I know there was a PDF assembled from all the feedback he gave, but apparently it's gone.
https://www.bridgeba...-play-analysis/
Unfortunately, I can't go past post #35 (where I posted about the analysis he sent me). I know there was a PDF assembled from all the feedback he gave, but apparently it's gone.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin

Help
