EAST whispered to me after round changed to look the bidding of the board above.
First look: East opening is strange but such thinks happen in third seat white against red.
After EAST insisted I noticed the more stranger bid of 2♠ from NORTH.
I was convinced such a stupid bid must be from an absolut novice or they are cheating.
I asked NORTH and SOUTH to discuss the bidding with me after the tourney.
NORTH didn't answer to anyone of my questions. He was direct after the tourney playing in the main.
South told me, he was playing with NORTH for the first time. He had no problems if I subtract points for the board.
I decided A-+. I took the easy way out
Now I'm not happy
They were: 75%, 78% 36% 75% 75% 36% 32% 50% 68% 0% 18% 7% 10%
Now I'm convinced: The 2♥ from South was a allowed psychic; the 2!S from NORTH was a very stupid but lucky bid getting them 68%.
Therefore decision was wrong. There was no infraction and no damage to E/W.
Therefore imo now: no adjust.
I set NORTH an my watchlist for strange bidding.
I set SOUTH on my watchlist for psyching.
What are your opinions about this?
Al = xx1943
To see the issue in detail I attached the whole chat:
All chat from W S E and N was private:
EAST: pls check bidding on brd 9 didn't understand it
EAST: did you check ?
->EAST: what is ur complaint?
EAST: look at bidding pls
EAST: opened a weak 2 !h
->EAST: yesterday opened someone 2♥ against me holding a !♦ ninecarder
EAST: how can the guy bid ♠ on a 4 card suit
EAST: its your game
->EAST: I'll relook that board
EAST: tks
->NORTH: TD here there is a complaint about ur bidding on #9. U bid 2♠ on a 4carder. That is very strange after pd's weak 2♥
->EAST: bidding is really strange
EAST: yes i know
EAST: 3 c should be penalty
EAST: the x
xx1943: TD here SOUTH and NORTH I must talk with u about bidding in #9 after this round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EAST: we should be in 3 ♣ whacked
SOUTH: ok
EAST: making
SOUTH: I bid 2h (weak) partner bid 2 spades I passed lho bid 3 clubs my partner doubled I bid 3 spades(partner's suit)
->SOUTH: but ur pd had no reason not to pass 2!H
SOUTH (Lobby): first time I have played with him we had a few misunderstandings
SOUTH (Lobby): but maybe ask him why he bid 2 spades am really not sure
->SOUTH: bidding seems very strange
SOUTH (Lobby): I figured that he had 6 spades
SOUTH (Lobby): but I really don't know don't think he was trying to cheat Actually I think he may be a novice
->SOUTH: He didn't answer to me
SOUTH (Lobby): anyway thanks for nice tourney I love a fast-paced game
SOUTH (Lobby): I f you want to take away points, is ok with me. I just play for fun
->NORTH: Why did u bid 2♠ in board #9 after ur pds weak 2!H?
SOUTH (Lobby): also I think he had a problem with English
->SOUTH: I adjust to A+-
SOUTH (Lobby): ok
SOUTH (Lobby): good night see you soon
WEST (Lobby): thank you.... they obviously cheating
->WEST: be carefull with accusations pls; they were playing together first time; maybe it was only a goof
WEST (Lobby): i understand.... i would never say anything to their face
WEST (Lobby): how did you find that? were you watching us at the table?
->WEST: ur pd called me
WEST (Lobby): yes he tht the same
->WEST: SOUTH accepted A-+; NORTH didn'T answer
WEST (Lobby): i know all about accusations...... very good to keep low profile
WEST (Lobby): i agree that it could have been error... but the coincidence of her bad opening bid and his 2S is overwhelming

Help

WEST NORTH EAST SOUTH
........ pass.... pass.. 2♥
pass.. 2♠...... pass.. pass
3♣.... X......... pass.. 3♠