• You cannot reply to this topic

Tool to auto-reject invitations

#1 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-May-19, 04:25

Hi,

I thought it would be an interesting software challenge and wrote a tool to auto-reject unwanted BBO Tourney/Team invites/Requests to join table,chat room.

The tool is attached to this post.

To use this tool:

Just unzip it to a particular directory
add the allowed people into allowed.txt (one per line)
Run InviteRejector.exe before/after logging into BBO.

You can also run it in reject mode, in which case
make sure allowed.txt does not exist.
reject.txt has the necessary entries.
Run inviteRejector.exe.

But I do suggest you read the Readme.txt for fuller details.

BBO Forums attachment rates not to work. Please visit this site to get Trumpace's addon download. http://doc.bridgebas...ful_Addons.html

Attached File(s)

#2 Guest_Jlall_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 2008-May-19, 05:43

wow I love you

#3 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-19, 12:24

Lol. Did it work for you?

I forgot to mention a few things.

It works only on windows with the BBO client, it will not work with the flash client.

Eveytime you start BBO, you have to restart the inviterejector.exe.

Only one name per line in the allowed.txt (I might have said this earlier).

#4 Guest_Jlall_*

Posted 2008-May-19, 12:29

It didn't work for me :)

#5 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-19, 12:32

Ok then, I will ask you a few questions:

What do you exactly mean by not working?

Did the tool exit with some error message? (IF so what is it?)

Did you see something which said "Installed Hook Successfully" ? and yet you see invites from people not in the allowed.txt?

btw, What OS are you using?

#6 Guest_Jlall_*

Posted 2008-May-19, 12:35

Trumpace, on May 19 2008, 01:32 PM, said:

Ok then, I will ask you a few questions:

What do you exactly mean by not working?

Did the tool exit with some error message? (IF so what is it?)

Did you see something which said "Installed Hook Successfully" ? and yet you see invites from people not in the allowed.txt?

btw, What OS are you using?

vista...

It said "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

#7 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-19, 12:44

Ok. Let me see what I can do about it. I will update this thread later.

Meanwhile you can perhaps try downloading msvrc80.dll and placing it in the same folder as the InviteRejector.exe.

You can get it here: http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?msvcr80

#8 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-19, 15:07

Justin, I have updated the file in the link in the first post, now you should not have to download msvcr80.dll.

But, I think there is a problem (this is version 0.0.0.1 anyway!). I think this won't work with Team invites, only Tourney invites for now. Look at update at the end of this post.

Currently, I think the best that can be done is to either reject all team invites or accept all, perhaps depending on the existence of some file which can be deleted/created as required, (so if you want to play in a game, you create a file etc...). Getting the name of the host seems harder for team games.

For tourney's it is easier to get the name of the person inviting.

Also, this will only work with English, but there is a solution for that. Maybe this will be fixed in the next version.

Also, can someone please provide me a screenshot of what a team game invite looks like?

<edit>
Note: Update again. I have added the rejection of TEAM invites. Please see the readme in the updated zip file in the link in the first post. You will have to download again the zip file again to get this one working. The old downloaded version won't work. If it does not work, please let me know.
</edit>

#9 User is offline   georgeac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2008-May-20, 06:38

It worked for me, it says "Installed Hook Succesfully". Although it is hard to test if you dont have someone sending you invites. lol

edit: I also got it to work. Thanks :)
George

#10 Guest_Jlall_*

Posted 2008-May-20, 07:00

I got the install hook thing, testing now.

edit: works for tourneys!

#11 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-20, 15:47

Great! Glad to know it worked for you guys. Thanks for testing this, George & Justin.

I am currently trying to setup a way to test team invite rejection and see if it works and help me come up with a solution if it does not.

Also, I plan to improve the tool to make it easier to use.

Will update this thread when that is done.

#12 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2008-May-22, 14:21

Update!

The tool now can do an automatic reject of Tourneys and TEAM matches! This has been tested on XP and Vista. It will only work with the English version of windows BBO client. (sorry, perhaps next version will add support for other languages).

The offender now gets an automatic reject.

You only need to maintain the allowed.txt file (no need of allowteams.txt file now).

Please find the zip file attached to first post of thread.

Just unzip it to a folder, say C:\BBORejector

and make sure you read the readme.txt on how to use it (and what OS/language you can use it on) etc.

To create an allowed.txt file from your BBO friends list (If you are a TD),

Start BBO, then goto Profile Setting (the gear button) -> Friends -> Save List As

Make sure the file name is allowed.txt, in the same folder where you unzipped the Rejector tool. (There is a sample file there already).

Please report any bugs you find on this thread itself.

#13 User is offline   Sadie3 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACBL

Posted 2009-January-10, 01:38

I don't understand what's wrong with just telling someone when they invite you that you do not wish to play. What am I missing here? Seems to me that an auto reject would really hurt some people's feelings. Like they had leprosy or something bad.

#14 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2009-January-10, 04:07

Sadie3, on Jan 10 2009, 08:38 AM, said:

I don't understand what's wrong with just telling someone when they invite you that you do not wish to play. What am I missing here? Seems to me that an auto reject would really hurt some people's feelings. Like they had leprosy or something bad.

If you can automate something, why not do it? :blink: I prefer a tool over clicking Reject every 5 minutes and having to explain why...
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#15 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2009-January-10, 04:34

I guess the trouble is that many good players get invited by complete strangers all the time.

A problem not faced by me :blink:

#16 User is offline   JLOL 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-10, 04:39

Sadie3, on Jan 10 2009, 02:38 AM, said:

LOL

#17 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-10, 09:33

I would appreciate it if:

1) You would send an e-mail to fred@bridgebase.com that explains the details of how this tool works. Please use e-mail as opposed to a Forums message or a post to Forums.

2) If you feel inclined to make more such tools in the future, please go through step 1 and get my approval before making any public announcements (and ideally before you even try testing such a program yourself).

Please don't get the wrong impression from the above. I actually think it is great that programmers are interested in creating tools to help improve the BBO experience. But as I am sure you can appreciate, I have to be concerned about the health of our servers.

I have no doubt that you are trying to be careful. However, but it is basically impossible for you (or any other programmer) to understand what is going on behind the scenes. There are various behind-the-scenes factors that need to be taken into consideration in order for such tools to be "safe".

Thanks,

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#18 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-13, 14:46

I thought I should mention that I received a quick reply from Trumpace that contained details of how his program works (thanks!).

I can officially certify this program as safe to use on BBO.

I should also note that when I saw the recent post in this thread I did not notice that the thread (and the tool itself) had been around for a while. I have no recollection of seeing this thread or hearing about the tool until recently, but apparently Uday knew about it and had already given Trumpace his approval.

Sorry if my previous post caused anyone to panic, but hopefully you can understand that we need to be careful (to put it mildly - paranoid is more like it) about such things.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#19 User is offline   Chick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bridge and Bridge Teaching

Posted 2011-April-10, 08:52

Would it be possible to have this program also work for permission requests to join a table (kib or player) or a chatroom?

Also, it would be wonderful if it could have a choice of an "allowed" or a "reject" list.

#20 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-April-10, 14:52

View PostChick, on 2011-April-10, 08:52, said:

Would it be possible to have this program also work for permission requests to join a table (kib or player) or a chatroom?

Also, it would be wonderful if it could have a choice of an "allowed" or a "reject" list.

There is already a choice of an allowed list. (Please download from the link and read the readme which should tell exactly what can be done with the tool).

I will update this thread if/when I am able to add what you request. Thank you for your interest :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users