I hosted an Indy tournament tonight as a playing TD. Since I was planning to play I made the description very clear that only those with good connections should register, they should plan to stay for the whole tourney, and NO SLOW PLAY. Since I was playing, I was not able to go to other tables during the game. I did however keep an eye on all the tables and subbed all "red" players as needed. After I completed all the rounds I discovered two tables that had been stuck on board #1 for the entire time. People were waiting for their results. I did not know what to do, so I canceled the tourney and there wound up being no results. It was as if the tourney never took place. I feel terribly for the people who wasted their time. Was there something else I should have done or could have done? Should I have given adjusted scores to these stuck players for all 10 boards? If so, how would I have known who gets ave+ and who gets ave- ? There are not many free indy's in the evening, and I thought this would be fun to do. I don't see the fun in just hosting; that is why I wanted to play. It was not fun at all.
Page 1 of 1
Indy Disaster
#2
Posted 2007-December-07, 03:49
What happened? Were they stuck because one or more players were offline?
You should allow chat to tournament so that the stuck players could have told you.
Yes, I think you should have given them average for all boards.
BTW, don't worry about players wasted their time, hopefully they had fun playing anyway. People take their chances when signing up for a playing-TD tourney. And if it was a barometer tourney, they will now their approximate results anyway.
You should allow chat to tournament so that the stuck players could have told you.
Yes, I think you should have given them average for all boards.
BTW, don't worry about players wasted their time, hopefully they had fun playing anyway. People take their chances when signing up for a playing-TD tourney. And if it was a barometer tourney, they will now their approximate results anyway.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket
#3
Posted 2007-December-07, 08:12
Things you can do as a playing TD
1. Make the movement clocked. This forces round changes every XX minutes
2. Make the game small ( and more manageable)
3. Make sure you are listed as the TD
4. Enable tourney chat for players
5. When Tourney starts send a brief msg to tourney explaining how to reach you (click Director! or send tourney chat )
6. While the T is running, you can right click on any player and select Show_tourney_status to get a summary of tables / rounds
In your case, (6) would have shown you that one table was not moving.
But in the end, it is about entertainment, so don't worry too much. Do your best and relax.
Uday
1. Make the movement clocked. This forces round changes every XX minutes
2. Make the game small ( and more manageable)
3. Make sure you are listed as the TD
4. Enable tourney chat for players
5. When Tourney starts send a brief msg to tourney explaining how to reach you (click Director! or send tourney chat )
6. While the T is running, you can right click on any player and select Show_tourney_status to get a summary of tables / rounds
In your case, (6) would have shown you that one table was not moving.
But in the end, it is about entertainment, so don't worry too much. Do your best and relax.
Uday
#4
Posted 2008-January-01, 08:09
Another thing I stumbled on, apart from insisting on tourney chat to call a director, was using your td name like so ~pebcat! I am not 100% cretain this works but it DOES seem to disable the 'call director command. I would appreciate confirmation that this works!
Page 1 of 1

Help